Prank your family, make fun of your friends or trick colleagues for April Fools’ day this year!
In short, the first of April we should be wary of friends, family and colleagues. Or should they be wary of you? If you really want to prank them this year, try sending a fake, anonymous text which will surely scare them for a moment! Completely anonymous, superfast and super-simple.
A quick history tour
April Fool’s day finds its roots in century-old tradition. Most people think this tradition started somewhere around 1572, however there is evidence that leads us all the way back to the roman era.
The French are famous for sticking a paper fish to the backs of unsuspecting friends. And the English? We of course yell “April Fools’!” when we made fun of someone. In Scandinavia it is tradition to publish an entirely fake story on the frontpage of the newspapers.
Nowadays, media and companies are in on this century old tradition as well. Publishing funny or strange ‘fake’ news items usually results in funny mistakes. Google, for example, has been joking around on the first of April since 2000 and has a long list of famous pranks such as a lifesize Picasa album, using your body to use Google Docs and Google Teleport, which you could use to time travel.
The first of April with a text
Coming up with a good April Fools’ prank is difficult. But that doesn’t let you from trying this year! We offer you everything you need to successfully prank someone via anonymous text.
- Go to our homepage where you can create your text. You only need the mobile number from the unsuspecting victim to start. Fill out the number and make sure the green check icon is visible. This confirms that the number is correct.
- When your done with writing the text message, choose a fake sender handle from the list of senders. Next, simply click ‘send’ and your April Fool’s text prank will be delivered within seconds.
- Rather want to plan your message and have it delivered at another time? No problem! We suggest you don’t choose another date (just to be sure!) but another time is no problem of course. Select the desired time and your text will be queued and delivered.
- You’ll always receive a confirmation when the text is successfully delivered. And you can send as many April Fool’s texts as you want (which is great if you’re a bit of a sadist…) 😉
Need inspiration? No worries!
Coming up with a great April Fool’s day prank isn’t the easiest of tasks. This takes months of intense preparation and brainstorm sessions. Kidding.
You don’t need to be a mastermind to trick friends, family or colleagues. Of course every prank requires a different approach, depending on the person. You could do prank someone on his typical weak spot, or use actuality as base for your prank.
The most important factor for a successful April Fools’ prank? Make sure to sow doubt and indecision. As soon as someone starts doubting if your prank is true or not, you are successful.
You know your victims well and this gives you enough ammunition to pull of a successful prank. Need inspiration? Read our April Fool’s anonymous texts pranks:
- One of your friends is finally recovering from a breakup with his or her terrifying ex? Then send something along the lines of: ‘I can’t forget you. I want you back! Let’s meet tonight around 21:00 at our favorite place?’. This prank is mean, so it might be a good idea to go to the place yourself with a peace offering.
- If you have a friend that gets up early to make the newspaper round, then send this: ‘We received complaints about newspaper not being delivered. Contact us right away!’.
- Are you aware that your sister likes to gossip in Whatsapp groups? Try something like: ‘A new virus that primarily circulates on Whatsapp sent all your private messages to all your contacts!’
- Did it take your brother longer than usual to acquire his drivers licence? Try something like: ‘Because of a technical malfunction in our computer system, we have to inform you that your driver’s licence is not valid. Contact us at the earliest convenience to schedule another exam’.
- Are your parents stressed out because they are re-doing the garden? Send something like: ‘Dear Sir / Madam, you will receive your delivery of 500 lb. of sand this afternoon at
Be careful... don’t take it too far. Most texts have the effect of causing slight panic straight away.
Your identity remains completely anonymous
Your privacy is our primary concern. We make sure that the receiver can never discover your identity and that you are the one that sent them the text. We never share any of your information with anyone. All texts, messages and information are automatically deleted from our systems after a short period. Your privacy is guaranteed.
Payment and delivery is super simple. Every text you send has a one-time fee of £1.49. You easily pay via PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay or with a credit card. You’ll also receive a delivery confirmation with the exact time of delivery.
About Anonymous Text
Anonymous Text is a service which lets you send texts easily, simple and completely anonymous. We are the most-used anonymous text service in the UK.